Thursday, January 28, 2010

This Morning I Got Pulled Aside By The Police

Well...the Pentagon Police.

In order for you to understand why I should give you a rundown of my morning.

I woke up at 4am (after not being able to fall asleep until after 11:30).  Used the bathroom.  Checked Twitter.  Tried to go back to sleep.

Tried to go back to sleep.

Tried to go back to sleep.

Never fell back asleep and got up to my 6am alarm.  Showered but my husband had stolen my towel.

Got out of shower shivering to get a new one out of the closet.

Got down the stairs only to realize I didn't have anything clean that was comfortable to wear. 

Chose to wear a pair of sweatpants from earlier this week (judge if you may).  Couldn't find matching socks so chose to go without.

Got Lael dressed in some sort of ensamble...not really sure what but I'll find out this afternoon.

Didn't really look to see if her hair was presentable.

Brushed my teeth where my gums began to bleed.

Looked at my watch and realized I was late leaving the house.

Almost fell down the stairs trying to get out of the house quicky.

Had to run/shuffle to catch my shuttle.  I made it.  But I wasn't happy.

I then got to the Metro just in time to catch my train but of course I had to stand up.

The men try not to give eye contact because they would rather die than give up a seat to a woman more or less a pregnant woman.

Then the ladies that don't want to give up a seat decide to bumrush you when the train stops.

Like hell I had to stand up for 3 stops and you think you are going to stand up make me get behind you.

Get to my stop, switch trains, and finally get a seat.  Only because I had to elbow a few people to get there.

Get to my destination and almost got squished trying to get up the escalator because the line to get in the Pentagon was wrapped around to the top of the escaltors.

Then I have to watch people walk past me that try to cut the line.  They do this everyday but I never try it.

Not that I couldn't get away with it but I'm really in no rush to get to my desk.

Finally I have an old guy in a tan trenchcoat behind me that doesn't know the meaning of personal space.

After I snatch my bag and turn around to give him "the look" he aplogizes but barely backs up.

We finally make it into the bldg and he steps on the back of my foot.

At this point I'm about ready to lose it.

That's when I hear "Ma'am, Ma'am!" I turn and the police pulls me aside and asks if everything is ok.

Apparently I committed a crime with my eyes.  Yeah.  I am guilty of kililng this guy with my eyes.

You damn straight I did.  And tomorrow I'll do it all again.

9 comments:

  1. Those are, no doubt, the same looks you give your husband?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if people would dare refuse to give up their seat if you ask them to, given that you're pregnant. I say go ahead and ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT ONE MAN ON THAT TRAIN WILL GIVE HIS SEAT UP FOR A PREGNANT WOMAN?! I am just a tad bit pissed off about that (and when I say a tad--I really mean MAJORLY)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe no man would give you his seat! That pisses me off when I see that! Then again, I saw it happen almost every morning when I lived in DC! Some people have no common courtesy. Hope you get some better sleep tonight, it is Friday tomorrow, afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a rough morning!!! So sorry...hope the rest of your day went better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, police man is lucky he didn't get an earful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know the Pentagon Police are keeping things orderly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! where have all the gentlemen gone to?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crap, after all of that, I would have headed home ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.