Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Being Sick ISN'T Supposed To Mean

I've been sick the past few days. 

It started this weekend with a sore throat.

Then quickly turned into backaches and swollen feet (not sure the two are related).

By Monday I felt like death, and yesterday I felt like I had been brought back to life just to be killed again.

Let's review what should happen when you are sick:

-You should call in sick to work and stay in bed in your pj's.
-Your husband (if he stays home like mine) should pamper you and give you back rubs and hot soup
-Your children will be on their best behavior and make you get well cards

Let's review what did happen:

-I had to drag my ass to work on Monday because no one can do my work
-I had to drag my ass to work on Tuesday (see above)
-I did get to leave work early both days but they acted like they were giving me a prize by doing that
-My husband thinks me coming home early means he can pick me up from the Metro 20 mins late, get daytime sex, nighttime sex, and fondle me as needed
-My child will come home with homework that is review from the beginning of the year and then PRETEND she doesn't remember any of it causing me to hyperventilate because I am THAT angry

I am feeling much better. Thankyouverymuch.

So what did I learn from all of this?

I don't know, but I sure as hell am thankful to Benadryl.

12 comments:

  1. I've actually called into work, parked my car down the street, and hidden in a spare bedroom in the basement to rest when I was sick. What does a woman gotta do to get a break around here?

    Glad you're feeling better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. Don't you know Moms aren't allowed to get sick??

    ReplyDelete
  3. How that is the worst! I hope your hubby gets what you had and bad - what was he thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom's don't get sick time. Didn't you get that memo?! Yeah--me neither!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. daytime AND nighttime sex-geez.....

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my husband ever tried to get frisky with me when I was sick, I'd make earrings out of his testicles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daytime sex? When you're sick? Or nighttime sex for that matter?? Does the man have a death wish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being single and sick was awesome.

    Married and a mom and sick and pregnant? That's pretty much the worst. You need a vacation. Maybe a cruise...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Opulently I acquiesce in but I think the collection should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.