Monday, June 28, 2010

A New Life

This is my new life. Diapers, spit-up, sleep deprivation. And you know what I wouldn't trade it for the world. Just this morning I fed and burped Kobi and what came next made me cry. He stared up at me. And then his eyes squinted and his mouth curled up to the most beautiful smile I've seen. A simple smile.
For a working outside the home mom, 6 weeks ain't shit. If I didn't take more leave days I would be sitting at work today. The thought makes me feel sick. I have 5 more weeks and I will make the best of them. Right now my laptop has a virus so I can't upload pics but you can find them on my Twitter account. For nowi will be enjoying my new life. I once worried that my heart wouldn't be big enough to make room for another child. I now know that the heart doesn't make room, it simply grows bigger. And my bigger heart is full. For now.



5 comments:

  1. It's crazy to think that 6 weeks has already gone by!! I'm loving that you get 5 more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is simply lovely! I am so glad you are having a great time with both your children!! BIG HUGS TO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll enjoy every bit of your leave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing I was there :)!! Hugs to Kobi and Lael~~Well, and you of course, but that didn't need to be said did it ?? MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you have more time with Kobi before you go back to work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.