Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who Needs A List

My birthday will be 15 days. I will be 29. Holy shit.

I know most (maybe all) of you are older than me but still.

I am so not ready. Looking back I realized that that I will not complete my 30 before 30 list.

But that doesn’t mean I should give up on it completely.

I’m actually thinking of making a whole new list.

Here is my list from last year.

I now realize I don’t care about some of these things

What things should I add? Did you make a list before you turned 30?

Here’s my list from last year:

1. Visit New York-I live 3 hrs from there but have never been
2. Print out some of my favorite pictures and hang them on my bare walls
3. Get rid of baggage-emotionally and physically
4. Cook a Sunday meal from scratch-preferably beef stew.
5. Bake a cake from scratch
6. Clean out the closet under the stairs-I actually really need to do this BEFORE the baby comes
7. Have my last dog fixed-Can’t take the humping anymore!
8. Go camping with my daughter-Maybe she won’t notice if we do in in the backyard…
9. Eat a piece of fruit everyday for at least a month
10. Buy myself a new wardrobe-I’ll never fit back in my size 3 jeans and after this baby KNOW I really ain’t gonna happen
11. Travel to another country for leisure, not work
12. Finish my Bachelor’s Degree-I’m halfway done!
13. Stop cursing completely-Ok, maybe…
14. Spend a whole day happy and not let anyone or anything ruin it
15. Make Tech Sgt- I work hard and deserve the extra rank
16. Ride a horse, or a pony :o)
17. Go to Vegas and live it up!
18. Take a road trip with a good friend
19. Enter a marathon and finish it
20. Scuba Dive
21. Learn another language-Maybe French since it’s such a romantic language
22. Sing Karaoke in front of people
23. See a dolphin show and swim with them if I’m brave enough
24. Help a stranger without them finding out
25. Go to a spa and get the WORKS!
26. Start a garden and be able to eat something from it
27. Take Lael to the American Girl store in NY and let her splurge
28. Make a grocery list and actually stick to it
29. Wear a bathing suit and not care about what people are thinking
30. Taste coffee….The smell makes me sick but I heard it’s yummy

Here is what I will keep:

1. Visit New York
2. Print out some of my favorite pictures and hang them on my bare walls
3. Go camping with my daughter
4. Buy myself a new wardrobe
5. Make Tech Sgt
6. Enter a marathon and finish it
7. Help a stranger without them finding out
8. Go to a spa and get the WORKS!
9. Wear a bathing suit and not care about what people are thinking
10. Enter a marathon and finish it

That’s a pretty lame list if you ask me.

What’s also sad is that I haven’t completed ANYTHING on that list from last year. How lame is that?

My life is nothing like it was last year at this time. While I sometimes miss how easy things were a year ago, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I now have a new and improved life.

Some things I know will never happen and I’m ok with that.

List or no list. I am happy.


3 comments:

  1. I'd never make a list like that--it would be further proof of my laziness and lame-ocity. And yes 29 is still wet behind the ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean, some things will never happen?! Girl, might not happen in a year (seriously, learn French and take 3 trips in one year, umm no lol) But don't down yourself, you'll get there. Now enough f the mushy and show some more stories about those kids. They make my day, in a fellow mom kinda way. Not a weird creep quit worrying about my kids kinda way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me? You didn't put the coffee one onto your second list. WTF?!

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.