Monday, March 29, 2010

8 Months




This is my belly as of 6:45 this morning.  It may or may not grow by the end of the day.  That's how it rolls.

As of Saturday I am in my 8th month.  Like for real.

Like I'm about to have another kid.  Like who let this happen? And why so fast?

Some days I can't wait for time to fly by and other's I can't figure out how they flew by so quickly.

I'm wierd like that thanksforasking.

My mood fluxuates between scared, to excited, to nervous, to anxious.

I spent a lot of time with Lael this weekend and I found myself getting sad.

Am I doing the right thing by giving her a sibling.  She has seemed more attached to me these days.

Will she be super jealous or will she fall right into the big sibling role?

What have I done!

She is really excited now but we all know how kids are.  They are all excited for their shiny new toys until they realize they have to clean them up.  Then, not so much.

It's times like these you need your friends and family to reassure you.

I have my friends but as far as family I'm still on the short end.

I know I told you guys about my situation with my mom.  But did I tell you she went to see Lael at school last week.  Yeah.  And did I tell you she had the nerve to pass a message through my child to me.

"Nana told me to tell you that she loves you."  I have no words for that.  Seriously.  I'm speechless.

I am totally not ready for Bubby.  I mean I DO have a carseat and I DO have a stroller and I DO have his bassinett and a few clothes.

Sure as hell hope these "friends" of mine come through at this baby shower because I need stuff. You know like diapers and wipes.

I guess I better get on the ball.

Oh well.

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Seriously..you do NOT look like you are 8 months pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I was way bigger at 8 months. Awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you are going through is normal. It's perfectly natural to think of Lael and whether or not Bubby will be a good thing for her. Let me assure you that no matter what, it will be a good thing. That is the ONLY way to approach this. You can't start second-guessing now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand the fluctuating emotions. It's scary and exciting all at once. I'm psyched for you Keyona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything will fall right into place :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I can't believe it either!! LOL It's been really sweet to see your belly's progress during these months.

    It's all very exciting, thanks for letting us be a part of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh...you are so tiny!!!!! That looks like me at 4 months ;) I had the same thoughts towards the end...just remind yourself that all will be just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT is 8 months? So glad I didn't see this photo before or while I was pregnant. I might have egged my monitor.

    (You look fab, lady.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute belly! And I know what you mean about not really knowing how your daughter is going to react with a baby around. My almost five year old is the same way. Every time we bring up the baby, he tries his hardest to change the subject. Sigh. Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.