Saturday, March 15, 2008

Adventures of the Step-Mom

So I know it shouldn't be so, but sometimes it is really hard being a stepmom. You want to make sure you aren't too nice and too mean at the same time. I think the hardest part is not knowing how to deal with certain situations. It's amazing how I don't understand why she can be so mean towards me when I've been there since before she was born. I try to be fair and caring when she's here and if it weren't for me she would have absolutely no fun during her visits. Is it that she just has some horrible traits from her moms side or am I a bad stepmom?? Oh well, I guess I'll find out when I make it to my final judgement day.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

2 comments:

  1. she's 6 - don't you think her mother is likely feeding her how to behave towards you? you know her mother is jealous of you - not only did you get the guy, but you have your stuff together and she's stuck playing second best parent. it's all she has and it's really sad! you are a fabulous stepmother and don't ever think otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just stumbled across your blog and had to giggle a little. I don't think it's supposed to be easy. Being a stepparent is complicated! We all have our ups and downs. Hope things are getting better. If you need support, you can come join some other stepmoms at my favorite site: http://www.secondwivescafe.com and my blot is http://www.internationalstepmom.blogspot.com

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.