Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shred The Hell Outta My Body and Dignity


Yes. I have joined the hype. I have done a Biggest Loser Challenge and forgot to post that our team came in 3rd place. I lost 5lbs and have managed to keep it off...so far.

The only bad news is that since then I have not found the time to get back into the gym. After Lindsay spotlighted me on the latest issue of BackTalk I snooped around some other blogs and found out some women were trying this thing called the 30 Day Shred.

Women like Melanie of Big Mama, Nancy of Mom, Ma'am, Me, Kristen of Motherhood Uncensored and the team at The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans have all jumped on the bandwagon.

They spoke about how it kicked their butts and I figured they were eggagerating a bit.


Let's just say that last night was Day 2 Level 1 and like I told one of my friends, I literally had a tear roll down my cheek.

Oh the burn. I feel the burn. My calves, thighs, butt, sides, abs, boobs and arms ache. I stretched out really well after having a warm shower but I still woke up stiff and in pain this morning.


I also decided that I would take this so seriously that I would post before and after pictures. Yes, REAL. LIVE. pictures of MY BODY!!! I know, I typed it and can hardly believe it. As I type this I am tempted to delete the pictures....but I won't.

So I measured myself as well. I mean, I want to be able to track if I lose .000001 inches off of any part of my body. Just sayin'.



So here are my stats.





Day 1:



Weight: 146

Hips: 40 in

Waist: 32 in

Chest: 34in



And *sigh* here. are. the. photos.







I'm sorry if I scare any of you away.







Seriously.







Ok here goes.

















































I have no more words. I'm going to go hide now.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on the work out~~but forget me putting up pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so amazingly brave of you to put up your "before" pictures. (Not that they look bad. Honestly. Now MY pictures? They would give small children nightmares.)

    Best of luck to you on reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so BRAVE!! Good for you. And seriously, no need to hide. Be proud. Please be sure to update so we can track your success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to think that if you feel the burn it's working -- so hopefully you'll be shredded in no time!

    And good for you posting pics and measurements. I wish I'd measured more than my weight so I could keep better track of body changes. The picture part is definitely good for keeping me motivated -- I might still have the mom belly, but it's shrinking!

    I'll keep checking in to see how you're doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to train people and often when I would train m client the morning after the Biggest Loser I would channel Jillian big time. I LOVE THAT SHOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is awesome that you posted those pics!! WAY TO GO! And honestly, I think you look good.

    Good luck on the workouts. Keep us updated...maybe I will get motivated, too. But...no pics!

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.