Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I think I can, I think I can

So, somehow I have come up with the brilliant idea that I can train to run a half marathon and today is day 2 of training. Hmmm....I have to come to terms with the fact that I am not 17 any more but better yet almost 27. Damn I'm getting old. I am so damn sore and tired. Yesterday (Day 1) was Stretch and Strength day which wasn't so bad but today was 3mile run day. Yeah. It's amazing how OUT of shape you can get in a few weeks. I thought I was going to F-ing die. Once upon a time I could run 4-5 miles easily, once upon a time meaning just last year. But after moving jobs and recovering from a stress fracture to my right foot, I have yet to get my groove back.

Oh well, chin up. I am sitting here on my bedroom floor stretching my sore muscles and praying that I wake up on time in the morning for another Pentagon work day.

On another note, Thursday is the Opening Ceremony for the Pentagon Memorial. I have a ticket to go even though I have to be on the Metro by 5:30..yes 5:30 a.m. if I'm going to get a decent seat. But it has me really sad just reliving the horror of 9/11/01. I find myself tearing up randomly just thinking about it. It makes me look around and feel really thankful for my loved ones and friends. It makes me appreciate those on this precious earth. So if someone hasn't told you today, you are loved. I love you, just because we all are human and we should stick together not only in time of tragedy but everyday.

Enough rambling...shower time...what's that smell??? :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those laughing with me...or at me.