Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Few Notes On Selling Girl Scout Cookies


Saturday was me and Lael's first time selling Girl Scout cookies at a booth. You want to hear my thoughts about that? Too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway.


-It's usually easier to have more than 2 people there. Neither the cookies, money, or child can be left alone at any point.

-This being said, bathroom breaks are impossible.


-Getting change because you will eventually run out of 1 dollar bills and all coins. They may turn people away who were going to purchase cookies. Hmph.

-Telling my 5yr old you are too fat to buy cookies will cause her to look at you, then me then back at you with a puzzled look. It will then cause you to come back and buy 3 boxes. Not because you like cookies but because "she's so cut". Uh huh.

-Telling my 5 yr old the cookies are unhealthy will cause her to continue to ask you to buy cookies because you continued to walk back and forth and then eventually bought a box, you know because she's was a "such a good salesperson".

-Giving my 5 yr old a 5 dollar bill and expecting her to tell you how much change you need back will probably not end well. Dude, she just learned to count to 100. LITERALLY.

-Completely ignoring this 5 yr old when she asks "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?" will cause me to give you the stank eye. Ignoring little kids when they are trying really hard will REALLY piss me off.

-Lingering around the cookie booth for the full 1 hour and then waiting until we pack up our table and then buy 6 boxes will probably make my girls day. Thanks weird lady with the 2 kids!

Overall, it was lots of fun! I really learned some things that will prepare us for our next time slot. I'll let you know how it goes!




6 comments:

  1. Aaaawwww....who could say no to her cuteness?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'd have to give into Lael's adorable factor, even though I totally should not be eating those evil things!

    Don't you hate it when people ignore kids? Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me just say......that is one cute girlscout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is adorable....and i can just imagine your stank eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have bought TWO boxes of the peppermint-chocolate ones, if I were there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lael is gorgeous!

    I really need to get my kids into Girl Scouts. It was such a huge part of my life when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.