Thursday, October 7, 2010

On Turning 29

I feel like I should do something wild and crazy to celebrate the last year of my 20’s.

I just have no idea what that wild and crazy thing would be.

Any ideas?

So I thought it would be cool to post 29 things I’ve learned about life.

1. It is possible to survive off of one income
2. It too is possible to survive with just 1 car
3. Forgiving is a choice. Choose it.
4. There is always enough room to love another.
5. Change while sometimes hard, can be good.
6. Sometimes it’s good to have a little fear.
7. Also, it’s good to fail sometimes, it makes you try harder the next time.
8. There is no such thing as the perfect parent. At. All.
9. At some point your body will change and stay that way. Accept it and move on.
10. Not every acquaintance is a friend.
11. If you haven’t worn heels in the last 28 years it probably won’t ever happen.
12. Sometimes you have to let men think they are in charge. It’s for the better.
13. Your kids see everything that goes on. Especially when you think they don’t.
14. Also, it’s probably a good idea to start locking the bedroom door (ahem)
15. It’s ok to speak your mind. Just beware of the consequences.
16. Little girls do grow up. No matter how hard you try to keep them small.
17. The music you used to blast has now become annoying. Seriously annoying.
18. You will become your mother. No. Matter. What.
19. You will finally begin to understand your mother. I know. It’s shocking.
20. Being the youngest parent in your child’s class has advantages.
21. Being the youngest parent in your child’s class has disadvantages.
22. Being a step-parent will not get easier. At least not this year.
23. You most likely will not be where you imagined you would be.
24. That doesn’t mean you aren’t as happy as you imagined.
25. Age is just a number. Though my number will never go past 29.
26. That being said, this is offically the last birthday I will acknowledge.
27. Think smarter not harder. I repeat. Think smarter not harder.
28. I’m not getting old just becoming more experienced.
29. Always be thankful to see another year.

This year will be the best year yet!


2 comments:

Those laughing with me...or at me.