Thursday, March 18, 2010

And Then I Fussed At Him

So I started feeling sick Monday night.

I think it was a combination of my commute into work everyday (on the nasty metro) and all the running around I've been doing.

I'm sure it also didn't help that I had a friend come over last Sunday that left and said she got sick later that evening and hoped she didn't pass it on to me.

Either way, after coaching Lael's practice I came home and felt a little off.

My stomach kept getting tight and I figured I just needed to eat.

I tried to sit and watch tv but no matter what position I sat in I could not get comfortable.

I felt a little cold, so I tried to take a shower but when I felt like I was going to pass out I sat down and took a bath instead.

Shortly after I started to feel really queasy.

I tried to lay in bed but no matter how I positioned myself I felt naseous and my stomach was in pain.

Hubby got me water and crackers but nothing seemed to help.

I had to prop my pillows so that I was sitting straigh up. I was the only comfortable position.

Well I must have dozed off because I woke up a few hours later and got that metal taste you get right before you vomit a kidney.

I don't know how I managed to roll out of be so quickly but I made it to the toilet in time to avoid any cleanup.

Seriously. I'm not a puker. I haven't puked like that since my first time getting drunk back in uh....2000.


I was sure if I dry heaved any more, Bubby would come right out of my mouth.

I made it back to bed but then woke with chills, and a fever. And still my stomach kept cramping.

I managed to get to Labor and Delivery where they took blood, and urine. They gave me an IV of fluids and hooked me up to montitor the baby.

The nurse stops and says. "Did you feel that?" I told her I did. "You're having contractions." Well shit, now I know what the pain in my stomach was. Duh.

So then of course I get 2 doctors that come in examining me and my lady areas. Checking my cervis and all that good stuff.

Everything was good and once the fluids kicked in, the contractions died down.

It was scary for a while because he's not ready. I'm not ready.

I made it home with medication and strict orders to rest, but had contractions the rest of the day.

I had a talking with this boy.

I told him he will NOT come right now. He WILL behave. And he WILL stop giving me contractions.

So far so good. But don't think I'm beneath fussing at him again if I have to.


  1. So glad to hear they stopped and that you recognized the need to get checked out.

  2. Sounds awful! I'm glad everything is ok!!

  3. Ugh. Pukey-sickness is the absolute worst. Especially when you are housing a guest. Glad you are feeling better! :)

  4. You let that little man know who's who. (So glad you didn't puke him up. Sure it would've been neat to see you on the late-breaking news and all, but he still needs to cook awhile longer.)

  5. What a scare. Glad to hear that you are okay now.

    I just went through what you did yesterday --only without the throw-up. But seriously bad chills for over 10 minutes, high temp, and cramps. Ugh!

  6. I was wondering if the pain was contractions. So glad you went in to the doc and got it handled though. How much longer?

  7. Phew!! That's scary. You fuss at him all week if you need to!


Those laughing with me...or at me.