Tuesday, June 23, 2009

At Least My Face Will Be Warm


If you all follow my blog at all you know that I'm a on again and off again exerciser. Yeah. Whatever. You've all been in my shoes.

I've done a Biggest Loser Challenge. I've done the 30 Day Dead Shred, and recently started the Wii Active 30 Day Challenge.


While all these things have been great, it has not given me the satisfaction of a good ol' jog outdoors.


It's been a loooooooooong while since I've strapped on my shoes and headed outdoors for a run. Well I have a Gala that I'm going to on Saturday night and figure starving myself isn't as effective without a good workout in place of eating.


I made my mind up that last night would be my big debut. Ha ha ha ha ha.


Wanna know how that went? I'll tell you anyway.


Here a a few notes on taking a neighborhood jog at 9pm on the 2nd day of summer after numerous storms the last few weeks and not having run in a few months. Ahem.


-Stretching out is more of a requirement than a suggestion.


-Drinking soda BEFORE the run may be a way to keep your mouth moist (it won't stay down).


-Bugs don't discriminate against eyeballs. They love them actually. And will burn.like.hell.


-Running in the middle of the street with your eyes closed to avoid bugs isn't all that safe.


-Bugs don't discriminate against your mouth. Once again they love it. Ugh.


-Calling friends begging for water as your run past their street is frowned upon. Just sayin.


-It is recommended to walk around for 10-15 minutes so the kids and hubby don't ask about why you are back so soon.


I wonder if things will be any better tonight. I'm thinking of wearing a ski mask but I'm not sure how safe that will be.


7 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, you are crazy!!
    Sounds like fun though but I am not joining you on this bandwagon. Water will be waiting though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way I am even going to step foot outside in this hot humid weather unless I absolutely have to, and especially not to run and be bug-bait. Cheering you on, though, from the comfort of our AC'ed living room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o man i about died when i saw the pic in your header!! i TOTALLY hear you on the bug thing...they always find my eyes nose or mouth...i once swallowed a fly...no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a young runner who swallowed a fly, got bugs in her eye, whose jog went awry, at least she tried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still doing the 30 day Dead. At least it's indoors. If I went running right now, I would be dead in 30 seconds, not 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hysterical!!! Laughing with you!!!

    And the soda before running tip? Good to know....;o)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!!! Congrats on taking up running!

    It sucks at first but stick with it. It's the one thing I do that is mine. It's me time and it's such a stress reliever.

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.