Thursday, June 11, 2009

Class of 2009

Let me tell you yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time.

My child continues to light up my life and yesterday was no exception.

She "graduated" from Kindergarten yesterday and got "promoted" to the 1st grade.

This was a really big deal for her and many came to celebrate.

Me, hubby, D, MIL, my mom, and my dad were all there to cheer her on.

Lael is a really outgoing kid but doesn't like too much attention. When she first came into the auditorium she had her hands over her eyes and when she sat on stage singing she kept hiding behind the kids in front of her.

I was still proud and I still cried.

The kids went through what they did each month of the year and when Lael got up for her turn at the mic she looked straight ahead at the crowd and in a big loud voice said:

"In April we learned all about birds."

Yes, yes they did. Also in April when they had their Spring Program and she was an Owl she got up the mic and forgot her lines. See why I was so proud this time around?

After they sang many songs and us parents snapped hundreds of photos it was time for each kid to walk the stage and be presented with their 2009 Yearbooks. Because Lael started late in the year hers wasn't as big but her teacher made a point to make it just as cool.





He she is getting up to receive her yearbook from the Principal.



Here the kids are waving goodbye to Kindergarten as they sing: "Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it - 1st Grade, 1st Grade...."



Here she is taking her walk down the aisle.
Doesn't she look like a big girl already?


I took her out of school after the program and we went decided to have a mini celebration.

We went and got food and took it to the pool (the free one!) and had cake and took her and bowling. It was a great day and so did I.

Congratulation Lael, you will never understand just how proud I am of you!


5 comments:

  1. CUTE! I love her little dress~~and thanks for the Popeye's it was YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. We just got the report card yesterday that "officially" moved our daughter from K to 1st Grade - I was happy and sad all at the same time.

    Very cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess they really do sing that New York New York song at Kindergarten Graduations everywhere. :)

    She is adorable! congrats to her, and to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet and adorable! love the dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that is so sweet. I can't imagine getting through a ceremony like that. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.