Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's About To Be...A What? A Girl Fight!

When I got home from work yesterday I had to do my other job. Housekeeping. Recently I've made changes to my entry way and moved some furniture that had been there for a while and it was a little noticeable. It may or may not have looked splotchy and I may or may not have had to get on my hands and knees to scrub until I thought my arms would fall off.

Back to my point. Since the floors were wet I told the girls to ride their bikes in front of the house and every minute or so I would hear their voices as they circled back around in front of the door.

I continued my happy scrubbing and after a few minutes realized I hadn't heard their voices for a few minutes.

I stopped scrubbing (I'll take any excuse I can get) and walked outside to see what they were doing. And the following is what I saw and heard.

Scene: Lael and neighborhood girls (5&6yrs) facing each other. Lael hands are firmly placed on her hips.

Lael: "I'm not your friend and you need to leave!"

6 yr old: "We don't have to leave."

Lael: "This is our neighborhood and you need to leave and not come back!"

6yr old leaves to go tell her mom.

5 yr old: "Oh yeah, where do you live, I've never seen you before."

Lael: "I live right there and this is my neighborhood. You are being mean and I don't' have to take it!"

Lael then proceeds to what I thought at the time, walk away. But what she did next shocked me and made me laugh at the same time.

She walked over to the girls scooter and knocked it over with a little Hmmpp!

I walked over to find out what was going on. And trying to hold my smile back. The girls mom came around the corner at the same time.

I made Lael apologize for knocking over the scooter and pick it up. The 5 yr old then informed me Lael had also knocked over her bike before I came out.

Lael tells me the girls were being mean and she didn't like it.

I don't think I have to worry about her getting picked on. Whatcha think?


6 comments:

  1. Too Funny!!! I love it!! Watch out NOW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, she's got it under control :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME. Good for her! My daughters are the same way. I love it. I'd rather work on getting them to apologize than worrying about them getting pushed around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She rocks! I think she is going to do just fine in school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She'll be just fine, your girl. I love it how she says, "...and I don't have to take it!" What spunk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.