Friday, July 24, 2009

White Things

NOTE: (If talking about menstrual cycles gross you out then move on to another blog.)


So I have started the “let’s have another baby that’s actually planned” process. Today makes it a month since I’ve had my IUD taken out. I had it in for 2 years and yes I didn’t have a period for most of the whole 2 years. Nice.

My doctor recommended waiting a few cycles to get the hormones that are released cleared from mommy area. No problem I thought.

OMFG! I had seriously forgotten what it was like to have a cycle WITHOUT any type of birth control to taper it off a bit. For the first 10 days I seriously thought I was bleeding to death. It was not pretty.

This week I started my 2nd cycle and it started off with me feeling nauseous every morning but my flow was a teensy bit lighter. It seemed to taper off yesterday which meant my cycle was only for 4 days. Not bad.

I’ve tried be discreet about these things in my house. Of course hubby know that if I start suggesting other forms of sex that my shop is closed but Lael has no clue. At least that’s what I thought.

She’s asked a question or 2 about my purchase of tampons or panty liners in the past put I gave her some lame ass answer and she moved on.

She’s walked in on me before “changing” myself and I quickly shut the door and distracted her with candy and whatnot. She’s said “Mommy there is blood, are you ok, are you hurt” and I’ve told her I cut myself but I’m ok now.

I just haven’t felt the need to traumatize her by letting her know that she will bleed from her Poo Poo (yes, that’s what we call it!) when she becomes older. It’s just NOT a conversation I’m ready to have with my 5 year old yet.

That brings us to last night. I go to to shower and as I’m using the bathroom I proceed to remove my panty liner and discard of it right as Lael walks into the bathroom. I froze for a second and our eyes met. We stared at each other for a few seconds and then she said.

“No fair! That’s how you keep your underwear clean. You get to use those white things.”

I think that talk can wait a few years.



9 comments:

  1. I came to your blog by way of MckMama and I must say I was rolling on the floor laughing at some of your posts! You are so funny! You have just won a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok~~~I think I just fell of my chair laughing! :0) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Fair Mom! That is so funny! My oldest thought that I was wearing diapers the first time she saw me with a pad on. And Sophia makes sure to always hand me a tampon when she notices the box is out. (Obviously I've been way more open about it than you have, but to each his own). I find it hilarious the conclusions kids make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would've thought that panti-liners could save the day in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Around our house, Mommy uses diapers, cause they relate to diapers. No questions asked, no need to discuss it although I have warned my almost 9 yro that she will have to do that too. Explained to them all (4) that Mommies all do this and you have to have babies. They would good with that explaination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's got it all figured out, doesn't she? :) What a funny story/stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank my lucky stars my boys haven't walked in on me. Of course, my youngest found my Diva Cup in the cabinet and asked me if it was a cup to drink out of. Um, no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, I have no clue how I would react or say to my daughter if i had a daughter. Hopefully not slam the door at them. hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no!!!!!
    but that is funny how she sees it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.