Friday, July 31, 2009

When The Storm Clears

I've been a bitch this week.

Life has been hard for me. I know things can be worse but we all feel this way sometimes.

Work has been overwhelming and I’ve been on the verge of exploding.

I have other things in my life that have been frustrating and find that I have become easily annoyed.

Wednesday was a particular bad day for me. Work was almost as worse as it’s ever been and it was hot and I was all bitchy.

My hubby decided we should go out to eat and so we went and met his mother at Friday’s.

We got on the road and a monster thunderstorm came and I was annoyed that we had to drive in it.

I argued with hubby about his driving. It wasn’t pretty. But we made it safely.

I filled my belly but still the grumpiness still had a hold on me.

Lael wasn’t listening to anything I said and I just wanted a shower and my bed.

We left the restaurant and as we got in the car and pulled off Lael kept yelling at me to look out the window.

I grumbled something and ignored her. She begged me to look and with much hesitation I finally did.

I’m glad I did because the site I saw instantly made me happy.

There are always storms in our lives but if we just ride it out and seek shelter the skies will eventually clear.

And when they do you will see the light.




(Photos taken by Lael with my phone)

I hope you ride out all your storms.

Happy Friday!

19 comments:

  1. Well put!

    I'm glad your storm was harsh, but short-lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE this post!! So very, very true--and great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a PRETTY rainbow! Actually~~~it would have been even prettier if I had gotten a dessert! :0) I'm just sayin............!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep! It's those tiny moments that bring us back to what is real............

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! See, it all gets better. And I love that Lael took the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always pretty amazing to see that gorgeous rainbow right after the storm.

    Wonderful metaphor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As far as the weather is concerned, I have always preferred storms and rain over sun.

    This must be why I have so much drama in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so nice when things like this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The simplest things can make our day turn around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SO get it. Thank you, Keyona. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we've all had days like this. You just have to keeping look up. And the moment you do, there will be a rainbow. Just ask you kiddo.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really can spell. I meant "keep."

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  13. "keep", "looking," "your". Girl just send me back to Pre-K!

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just popped over from Jen at Cheaper Than Therapy and i must say i will be adding you to my reader.

    I hope you have some time to stop by my blog someday but i enjoyed reading through your writing and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    This reminds me of one my favorite quotes: "If you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain".

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great ending to a crummy week!! We've all been there and it's not pretty, but those reminders that life is good are so worth the muck :)
    Stopped by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just look, mama. :) And the beauty through a child's eyes can indeed be a turning point in any storm. I'm glad you looked. I'm stopping over from the lovely Heather of the EO. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.