Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Other Special Lady In My Life


Meet D. This is my adorable stepdaughter. In a few hours she will be 7. How cool would it be to have a birthday on New Years Eve? She will have tons of fun with that later.


She had never had a sleepover at our house before so I decided she was overdue for one.


I had already bought the type of cake she wanted but what I found out this morning is that she wanted a "special" cake. One that I am not capable of making. So what do I do to get this lovely cake in my possession?


I call and whine to my friend who made these for Lael and her son's 5th birthday party a few months ago. Isn't she talented and extra sweet for making this at literally THE LAST MINUTE. Thanks Dusty she loved it, and that's putting it lightly.


I finally found Dance Revolution for XBOX 360 today and had to get it so the girls could dance their little hearts out. And they did. For about 3 hours. Yeah, big hit.


Afterwards, they watched Hannah Montana and ate TONS of popcorn and giggled, and giggled some more.


They then put on a PJ fashion show. That in itself made my night. D was very happy and thanked me many times. They are still awake now and I am plotting the different ways I can knock them out. Sleeping Pills, NyQuil, Hypnotizing, just kidding. But I do have to get up and work tomorrow, and while I'll only be working half a day, I can already tell I will be tired from lack of sleep.

I feel no remorse for my husband who will have to feed them breakfast and deal with them after a night of sleep.

Happy Birthday D. I love you hunnie!

Oh and I couldn't post without leaving yall a snap of my baby. This is her "serious" pose during the fashion show. Yeah, I know. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.




4 comments:

  1. Your new header picture is my favorite....I love it ....I know you change often as I do but don't change too soon! The first picture of Deja rocks too! The most fun Christmas present since you were little huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL girls!! Looks like the party was a HUGE success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious pictures! Happy New Year 2009! Come enter the giveaway on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Those laughing with me...or at me.